First outing with DFA 21/2.4

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarBa Contributing Member • Posts: 958
First outing with DFA 21/2.4

Hi everyone,

I could not resist and ordered the new lens ... It is really well built and feels like slightly bigger 31mm. Focusing is a bit noisy compared to other modern lenses but of course much quieter than screw driven lenses. AF is not very fast, which is not really a problem. It can focus really close, which gives nice perspectives on various objects. I have noticed that on few occasions (during an overcast early to late evening light) I got poorly focused images (often more or less of front focus). It may be the reason for some of the poor sample photos in the Pentax Forum review. It really needs to be focused properly for a sharp image @ F2.4. Not sure if this AF problem is due to the lens or my aging K-1. I'll try on K-3 III soon. I also plan to compare it to the DFA 15-30/2.8 zoom. I think the lens is very good already @ F2.4 and F2.8 (except corners). You'd be using it @ 2.4 and 2.8 for it's pleasant bokeh .. and then it is quite sharp from F4 for landscape etc.

Anyway .. here are some images from today. Sorry .. not the best day for shooting and I had very little time. So there will be more ..

(all edited in LR, exported at 50% resolution)

MarBa's gear list:MarBa's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +3 more
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow