R is way too expensive!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Jason D Regular Member • Posts: 324
Re: Wow, wonderful

r6 shooter wrote:

Jason D wrote:

It doesn't matter what is displayed in the top LCD.

and there it is. doesn't care about function only social signalling. honestly the whole premise seems more likely to be trolling at this point. it's getting increasingly hard to believe someone could care this much about something that does virtually nothing for actually shooting and only values how it looks as a social status when no one else even values this. it's not a known thing.

people are not looking at other peoples cameras and checking if they have a top lcd. you might see this with something like L glass but the reason a red line around lenses has social value is because it is actually significantly better. the validation makes some sense. this however is reaching levels of absurdity i didn't think was possible.

there are so many other actual functional things to look for already mentioned in previous posts. you can look at those differences between cameras and observe the R6 has every relevant high-end feature. even if the top lcd was relevant in the past (really wasn't but for the sake of argument), it's not now. so because it's not relevant now, that already changes the social dynamic anyway. there's just no reason to have it. only complicates the body and increases the cost at this point.

Sorry, I disagree with what you said completely.

Let me repeat again, Canon has been in this business for decades and it knows that it is doing. It knows what to put on the top plate and knows why. It is you that thinks it is for "social signaling". Those buttons and LCD are useful for me regardless what others said. As a matter of facts, I use them regularly. I believe, Canon thinks the same way as me.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow