AI program to remove power lines?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ryan Steel Regular Member • Posts: 117
Re: AI program to remove power lines?

Major Jack Reacher wrote:

Ryan Steel wrote:

Why do you need AI for this? Is there a reason you're not able to do this yourself? It's very easy and straightforward.

Software that is CAPABLE of doing manual work is never a bad thing. It is a time saver.

Yes, basic power line corrections are straight forward and pretty simple, and many tools can do the job. Affinity Photo's "Inpainting tool" is fantastic for simple power line removal. The Clone tool is my own personal choice, because it is precise and accurate, but it takes considerable time.

I think the intent of this entire thread was to discuss power line removal with SOFTWARE, how well it functions for that purpose. As CACreeks mentions, the entire thread is discussion about the best ways to accomplish "power line removal", and this thread goes from the simple, to the complex. It is good reading, and simply designed to help others.

If they were all just simple corrections, we would all be happy, but sometimes, they are not, and we need to know the best ways to correct those. We are all hoping that one day a magic software tool comes along and does it for us, at warp speed. That is the Goal.

off-topic rant...

I don't trust AI for photography. Look at how terribly smartphone companies have implemented this tech to create lame depth-of-field simulations in our photos using software code. Apple's portrait mode is one of the worst travesties in photography that I've seen in a long time. Use real DoF or don't use it at all. But for many, sadly, it's perfectly fine to send so-called "portrait" style images even it means that your ears get chopped off.

back on-topic...

-- hide signature --

“It’s better to give than to receive. Especially advice.”
– Mark Twain

Ryan Steel's gear list:Ryan Steel's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow