R is way too expensive!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike Arledge Senior Member • Posts: 2,325
Re: Wow, wonderful

You make alot of strange assumptions really.  And while I get it, the R bodies are apparently not for you… but man, you are not seeing the big picture point of them.  I can guarantee you that if you have good keeper rate now and learn the advantages of an R5 or R6, you will see keeper rate increase, especially if you decide you shoot faster than F4…. Every part of my photography is better since going Canon R and taking the time to understand what the new tech can and can’t do.  DSLRs would not have allowed it, there is always going to be a cost and tech roadblock due to the mirror design, flange distance and expense of aligning that mirror box into the body.  Go hang out in Pentax forums and you will understand the cost of that mirror in a body and how much you lose in value by not going mirrorless.

And its ok if its not for you, but trying to argue your point just is hard to not feel you are just not looking at what the Tech does and does not offer.

Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow