R is way too expensive!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Jason D Regular Member • Posts: 324
Re: Wow, wonderful

KiloHotelphoto wrote:

Jason D wrote:

In the DSLR days, the top LCD is an indicator to distinct entry level cameras from the rest. Can someone explain to me why there is no top LCD on the R6? Is it not useful? Does it cost a couple hundred dollars to add one to a mirrorless body than to a DSLR body?

I agree there are some advantages in some areas for mirrorless body. My argument is whether it should be double of the price.

You can see everything you need in the EVF or on the back screen why do you need a third spot with the same info?

This is an interesting question for Canon. As I mentioned, the Rebel is the only line that doesn't have the top LCD. RP and R6 don't have the LCD too. So, if I say they are the entry level cameras, then a lot of people won't agree on this.

It turned me off as soon as I realized the R6 doesn't have the top LCD. I can accept the RP without it because it is a cheaper model, but not the R6. To me, R6 is the mirror less line of 6D.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow