Strap or No Strap?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bs1946
bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,474
Strap or No Strap?

I have been watching a series of monthly, now bi-monthly YouTube Videos from Photography On-line who are a group of professional photographers from the Isle of Skye off the Coast of Scotland. In a recent Q&A session, some viewers wanted to know why they never seem to use neck straps or even wrist straps. Their basic response was we don't need them and they just get in the way. I thought about this for a while and realized that any these pros in the group rarely shoot with their cameras hand-held, almost exclusively using a tripod.

Now that I'm getting old as dirt, I find that I rarely shoot hand held any more and keep both an excellent monopod, a full sized tripod, and even a Manfrotto Pixie mini-tripod in my truck which use. But I still have a neck strap on both of my X-T2s and have to agree that when using my tripods or monopod, the straps are constantly getting in the way. They even seem to get in the way when I'm trying access the I/O ports or memory card slots on the cameras. So today I started to ween myself off neck straps  or cross body straps by replacing one of them with a wrist strap that I have had and not used in ages.

So what say you fellow Fuji photographers; how many of you don't use straps and how many of you cannot live without one?

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
“Blend in with the people and have as little equipment as possible”
- Alfred Eisenstaedt -

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
i8z
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow