Upgrade to oly 100-400 or not.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Mait
OP Mait Regular Member • Posts: 310
Re: Upgrade to oly 100-400 or not.

Thanks for all the answers. I am mostly shooting static, deer and others...with the smallest af point.

I almost newer go below 1/500... mostly try to keep it about 1/1000 sec. I am familiar what continuous and single af are... have tried all combinations. I-ve been shooting different cameras for about 10 years now. I really am impressed of em5 most of the time.

Just weird it sometimes locks focus and actually nothing is in focus in "live view" or on picture taken. Maybe its just the atmosphere between me and subject.

I use mainly monopod. Dont get me wrong, i can get nice images too...just that most of the images are out of focus.

I am having some miss focusing problems also with 25 mm 1.8 indoors, even with hss off-camera flash and 1/1000 sec shutter speed. Thats even more weird. Eye af locks the subject, but if i check the sharpness afterwards, its not there.

I own other lenses, pana 12-32; oly 45 1.8, sigma 56 1.4, oly 60 2.8 macro. They seem to be pretty constant, so i think my camera body is fine.

Have read all your answers i think i am not going for the 100-400.

Sadly there is no way to rent this lens just to try it, where i live.

Mait's gear list:Mait's gear list
Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C (X-mount) +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow