Haze removal

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sssboa New Member • Posts: 24
Haze removal

Hi,

So I have two same 2x teleconverters by Tamron. One is clear optically and one is hazed. I dismantled the hazed one. It turned out that the haze is on one glass only out of 5 or so, situated in the middle. The hazed glass was milky. I started with an isopropanol based liquid then 99% isopropanol. This didn't do much as I expected. So I applied hydrogen peroxide, it helped just a tiny bit. I ended up soaking (bathing) the glass in hydrogen peroxide for one hour. It looked to me as some in the middle got better but I was very disappointed with the result. I put the thing together and I see almost no change from my starting point. The teleconverter is still milky when you look through it, kind of same as it was.

P.S. It is kind of haze as sometimes can be seen as a ring around edges of a lens especially on the rear element. On my glass whatever little I cleaned up it was in the middle, on the edge a very milky ring remained.

Any advice? More hydrogen peroxide soaking?

Thanks,

Andy

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rkc
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow