Help!!! Bought a new headache ( SD Quattro), green sensor/cast + no firmware update

Started Dec 29, 2021 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CamFiasco Regular Member • Posts: 103
Help!!! Bought a new headache ( SD Quattro), green sensor/cast + no firmware update

Where do I begin:

So discovered this new wonder of Foveo, while getting lost in Youtube, and since the price of filmstocks are going higher each year, I decided to give it a try. Girl friend bought a brand new SD quattro while on holiday in Japan.

But when I finally get my hands on it, it has anything but headaches for me...

Here is the chronology

1) I only have M42 lenses, and throw them on to tryout, but the photos came out with this heavy and unusable green cast.

2) then I took the lens off, and it appears that the sensor gives off green blank image regardless

3) immediate freaking out and the inevitably that I just dropped on a $700 potato cam. so Internet search I did

4) some suggests to update the filmware with type A or B image processing file(https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4255128)

5) Then I realized the firmware is already the lastest version 1.13, and the system won't let me update again even though I put all the right files in the SD card,

6) Then I came across this thread who states he had the same problem (https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4582402), but no one was able to solve the problem
7) writing this post, and tryin not to think any more about it, and let it ruin my day....

Any wise guys out there???

I'm attaching a sample picture with my m42 lens, and another taken at the same position without a lens(bare sensor) , the third one taking against a white wall, so you can see the green color chunks.

PS: please don't tell me to go and buy an expensive Sigma lens. Because I've tried multiple lenses and obviously this is not just the problem cause by my lens.

bare sensor, no lens.

Sigma sd Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow