2022 - Moving to Sony Alpha and making NX line a backup, anyone else?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
mkmorgan Forum Member • Posts: 78
Re: 2022 - Moving to Sony Alpha and making NX line a backup, anyone else?

Onetwoshot wrote:

I was wondering, since it is not discussed a lot if big NX fans switch to another system or have done so... although the quietness on this board suggests not many are using the system so surely they left somewhere else... What have you moved on to?

I moved over to camp Fuji a little while ago. I still have my NX300 and I still use it but it is very much a backup now. When I bought the NX300 it was a fine camera and I absolutely loved it. I would still be using it but it has degraded with use - red hue on the right side of images in low light and the mode likes to change itself randomly even when the mode dial is not touched. With the manufacturer leaving the market, and the available lenses being capped where they are, I made the jump since I wasn't heavily invested in the NX system yet.

I have a Fuji X-T3 with the 55-22mm zoom, and the NX300 with the Samsung 55-200mm zoom still takes clearer long-distance images even now. I haven't figured out if it is the glass or the body.

I'm still mad at Samsung for bailing out, particularly in the way they did it.

-- hide signature --

Laziness. Impatience. Hubris.

mkmorgan's gear list:mkmorgan's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow