Recommendations for a lightweight database

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
OP AnthonyL Veteran Member • Posts: 3,594
Re: Recommendations for a lightweight database

To all - thanks, I'll have a look at SLQExpress and MariaDb.  I like the thought of the latter and I assume any SQL scripts I develop, or schema I use, will transfer from one to the other should I wish.

To clarify, I could and indeed have all the data in an Excel spreadsheet which I imported from my dbf files.  It is cludgy and if/when I get around to doing it properly I will have one-to-many and many-many relationships to get me the queries that I want.

My sql skills are rusty and were never beyond basic in the first place.  One mistake I made with my old dbf data was to not normalise the data and that is an obvious weakness with names.

I have played with MSAccess and can only say I didn't like it.

No shared or remote access is needed to the database.  They are my personal records of a particular activity and I doubt that they'll be of any interest to anyone else in the future.

I'll likely be taking up any offers of help if they are still available.  It might be a month or two though.

AnthonyL's gear list:AnthonyL's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow