Basic non-basic editor for 4K

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP GI Regular Member • Posts: 255
Resolve

Thanks for all the replies.

Is Resolve similar in complexity to Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro?

Is this the workflow with Resolve: create a project, ingest a clip, make adjustment, render/export? Does it create an easily-accessible project file? Does the project file contain clips(s) or just just stores a link (pointer) to external clip(s)?

I will download Resolve and start playing with it.

\Rant about Premiere Rush

I just tried Adobe Rush, as it is included in my Photoshop+Lightroom subscription. It is horrible for my purposes.

No histogram to help making exposure adjustments.

Project/clip/file organization is not scalable if I want to edit and export 100s of clips separately one-by-one. Does not display folder/file structure on the disk, mimicking the OS (like, ex Bridge). Project file is nowhere to be found. I cannot see myself creating 100s of project files that I could not find later. Or having a single project file with 100s of clips. Not clear where does it store adjustments so that I can back them up? Metadata display/edit seems absent (eg. I'd need to see what was the aperture that I've used last month ago for that particular clip)?

\Rant over

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GI
GI
GI
GI
GI
GI
GI
GI
GI
GI
GI
GI
GI
GI
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow