Should I resurrect my Nikon D2x with a new lens?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
lumiere
lumiere Regular Member • Posts: 126
Re: Should I resurrect my Nikon D2x with a new lens?

Casey Cheung wrote:

I have the Nikon D2x which I long retired years ago when I used to do wedding photography. When I retired from wedding photography, I sold all my fast f2.8 Nikon zoom lenses and just kept one Nikon consumer level variable aperture zoom lens. When I recently resurrected the D2x from my closet and charged the battery, the camera still works perfectly fine and refuses to die! So now I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to buy say the Nikon 85mm f1.8 AF-S prime lens to slap onto the D2x body for shooting portraits just for old time sentimental value sake?? I've been shooting with all Canon gear nowadays and my main body is the Canon R5 along with various pricey RF "L" series zoom lenses. So I don't really need to use the Nikon D2x for anything. But I thought it may be fun to buy a "decent" portrait prime lens to use with the D2x body. Would this just be a waste of money cuz the Nikon D2x with its 12MP sensor is simply not worth it? By the way, please don't tell me to spend extra for the pricier 85mm f1.4 or faster prime lens. Just not worth it to me. Thanks!

some newer lenses will not work with your camera like af series E lenses and af~p lenses. I say go for it! The d2x had a unique color signature. it sounds like fun.

lumiere's gear list:lumiere's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D500 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z fc +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow