D7000 upgrade to D500 or Z7

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Snapquacky Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: D7000 upgrade to D500 or Z7

BryanDecker wrote:

I've had a D7000 since 2011 and have used it mainly with the 17-55 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 (and the 35 2.0 when I'm out and about).

I was planning to get a D500.

Then I was in NYC in August and got my wife to go to B&H with me (although she quickly left and went to get coffee). I spent about 30 minutes with the sales reps. They really encouraged me to look at the Z's. I have to admit the feel of the smaller bodies was quite enticing. And so was the more recent tech.

Bottom line, I got my Z 6ii with 24-70 kit lens yesterday. Had to work day job today so nothing to report. Also got the FTZ so I can use my F mount lenses (although the DX lenses will be sold).

Good luck with your decision, but I just think mirrorless is the way of the future.

Thank you, I think your Z6ii was a good choice, should last as long as your D7000 has already

Agreed, I was already sold on mirrorless, makes it a bit harder to decide with Nikon being somewhat behind on development compared to other brands. In theory I have a Z7 ordered so lets see if that arrives. If I'm not careful I might end up adding a Sony A7RIII and 200-600 to shopping basket as well - banned myself from anymore late night internet shopping 

Feel free to post some images taken with the Z6ii when you have road tested it

Snapquacky's gear list:Snapquacky's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow