EF-M 55-200mm - Post your PHOTOS!

Started Jan 31, 2019 | Discussions thread
Ali Senior Member • Posts: 1,751
Concerts with EF-M 55-200mm

I like taking the 55-200 to concerts in large venues.

The lens is small and mostly plastic, so usually doesn't create any problem when going in. I usually sit so far away that sometimes I wish the lens had a longer reach, but cropping often gives me that. Of course it's also sometimes not wide enough, but the phone camera fills in for that. (I have taken 24-720mm point and shoots sometimes, and that is useful for the largest venues, but the quality is no match.)

Here are some shots, most recently this past weekend, Metallica in SF, where I got to try the M6II at a concert for the first time. The earlier photos are with the M6 and M3.

Metallica at Chase Center, San Francisco, December 2021

The fans (including a Brazilian contingent) are getting into it. One interesting thing about this photo was the blur at the lower half - I don't know if the lens had a smudge or IS failed, but I want to look into that some, maybe start another thread. Some other photos had the issue.

Concert lighting is tricky (and colorful!)

Quite the crop on this one. Had the same issue in the lower half of the photo.

And some older shots, with the M6 and M3:

Elton John in San Jose, January 2019. Was sitting really far for this one. This was with the M6.

ZZ Top at a much smaller venue in San Jose, January 2019. Dusty Hill, who sadly passed away since.

Billy Gibbons from the same ZZTop concert

Queen in San Jose, June 2017. Brian May doing a selfie. I think he was looking at me!

This one at 55mm. Brian May, astrophysicist, enjoying some lights.

Brian May

Game of Thrones concert, also in San Jose. 2017. This one was with the M3.

Game of Thrones

Black Sabbath at San Jose, February 2016. Tommy Iommi.

Black Sabbath

Metallica in San Francisco, February 2016. 60mm, so sitting pretty far!

Muse in Oakland, December 2015.

Muse

AC/DC in San Francisco, Sept 2015. Start of the concert before Angus Young sheds his hat and jacket... I think this was just a few days after I got the M3 (with the 55-200mm).

Not from a concert. This critter took me by surprise; landing close to me for a few seconds while I had the M3 with me.

Ali's gear list:Ali's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Olympus TG-5 Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS80 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
dh7
Ali
Ali
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow