Firmware 3.40 issues

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,974
Re: Firmware 3.40 issues

astirusty wrote:

Can you try another Z6, perhaps borrow or rent one. Set it up same as your Z6, then shoot with it under same circumstances.

I am wondering if you have a Z6 which isn't quite up to spec hardware wise. Essentially, new firmware pushes your Z6 to failure when it comes to AF.

One thing that I'm not sure if it was addressed (bought up) or not is that the 24-200's AF is not exactly the fastest out there.  Granted it SHOULD be able to keep up but if the OP experiences this one two lenses, one being the 50 1.8 I'm inclined to think it's either a defect in the camera some how (and I know you recommended testing another Z6, which I agree, try that) or user error somewhere (possibly focus mode selection is not suitable for the specific task.  Without knowing the exact setup of the camera and environment, it's going to be harder to tell I think.

-- hide signature --

(NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread.)

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow