Topaz Sharpen AI

Started Jun 17, 2021 | Discussions thread
Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 21,507
Re: Continuing testing of 3.3.4

JimH123 wrote:

From what I have seen of Sharpen AI version 3.3.4, it is a game changer. I have been comparing results from earlier revisions and there is no comparison - 3.3.4 is better. And I am not seeing any halos or artifacts. Topaz has really raised the bar.

Do you have both 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 installed to make it easy to compare?  I only have 3.3.4 installed.  It would be cool if you would show 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 photos side-by-side that shows the game changing improvements.

By the way, 3.3.4 indicates that only the Motion Blur - Very Blurry and Too Soft - Very Blurry models were updated to version 2.  The rest still say version 1 so, presumably, they have not changed and not improved.

I am attaching a side-by-side of some cherry blossoms with the new Sharpen AI on the left and the original RAW on the right for a comparison. This is a tight crop just to be able to see what it is doing. Note the fine detail. The improvement is obvious.

Image was taken using a Sony A7iii with an older manual everything Asahi Pentax Takumar 105mm lens at f16. I used the Motion-Very Blurry model for this image.

One more example, just in case you aren't yet convinced what this software can do. This time it is a tightly cropped image of a tiny jumping spider. The sharpened image on the left and the original RAW on the right. I used the Motion - Blurry model.

I used my older Olympus EM5ii with a 40-150mm lens (not the f2.8 pro version, but the cheapee version, along with a Minolta #0 Close Up lens. And this was hand held.

Thanks for these comparisons.  Looks good!

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow