D7000 upgrade to D500 or Z7

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Snapquacky Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: Order placed...

Peter-P wrote:

Snapquacky wrote:

Well, for better or worse I have ordered a Z7, now to track down an FTZ adapter, maybe go with the new version for what it's worth.

Hope I have made the right choice for now at least

I think you made the right choice 👍 When you’re on a budget it’s nearly always going to mean compromises somewhere and in your case, the Z7 is such a step up in probably every single way from your D7000, so you will love it I’m sure.

Thank you Peter, I do appreciate that. Absolutely, in an ideal world I would grab a 500 pf and a Z6ii or Z9 tomorrow, well, maybe the wait would be slightly longer for the Z9 but yes 

Any option as you state would be a big improvement on the D7000, not just a new camera for me but a new system, EVF, focusing accuracy, full frame goodness. Feel a bit like I've spoilt myself really but, why not. You can be sure I will put the Z7 through it's paces in no uncertain terms, squeeze whatever I can out of the new kit 

Apart from the Wren's eye being out of focus  I've got hopes that the Z7 will at least match or beat my old images, only a backyard shot so to speak 

All the best
Andy

Snapquacky's gear list:Snapquacky's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow