D7000 upgrade to D500 or Z7

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Snapquacky Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: Bad choice ...

RazorSharpWO wrote:

Snapquacky wrote:

Well, for better or worse I have ordered a Z7, now to track down an FTZ adapter, maybe go with the new version for what it's worth.

You said high-ISO was your top priority.

I know, I have managed with the D7000 below ISO3200 this long but I also crop 90% of the time and currently can’t go longer than the 300mm f4, I feel if I had 500mm Pf or better the Z6 would be the choice.

I know you've been bombarded with many "responses," which is part of the purgatory of perpetual indecision.

You question the Z6 vs. Z7 for the "crop factor" between the two ...

Apparently you didn't read the specs where, @ DX, the Z6 significantly outperforms the Z7, beginning at ISO 640.

https://www.photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm#Nikon%20Z%206(DX),Nikon%20Z%207(DX)

Horses and water ...

Hope I have made the right choice for now at least

Not in my opinion, but good luck with your decision.

Don’t say that! I figured factoring in the lack of AA filter on the Z7 by the time you put a 2x TC on the Z6 with only a 300f4 lens it would be stretching the possibilities of that lens. I feel there isn’t a right decision here

-- hide signature --

Please forgive: I use voice text, so there may be typos. Hopefully it still makes sense
~
Blog
Facebook
Flickr

Snapquacky's gear list:Snapquacky's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow