Lens and Sensor Resolution

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP John Carson Veteran Member • Posts: 4,285
Re: Lens and Sensor Resolution

KariP wrote:

John Carson wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

My issue is that I want more resolution, particularly with foliage. I currently have an X-E2 and was considering going to a full frame Sony. I then had second thoughts and wondered if I should get the X-H2 or X-T5 or whatever it turns out to be

I do not quite understand your needs with foliage ... Very likely zoom lenses do not have quite as much resolution as some best prime lenses have. Buying new zoom lenses will not help if you of some reason need really extreme (best possible) resolution ( that you are unable to see without serious pixel peeping)

You can check some good lens tests - like in Optical Limits site. https://www.opticallimits.com - they test resolution so that it is easy to understand

If you want to take a photo that shows all possible leaves in a forest you must buy a FF Canon R5 and some of the best RF primes. And Why not a Sony or a Nikon

I don't want really extreme resolution. I want better than I currently get with a 16 MP camera.

Plan A was a Sony full frame camera, specifically the recently released Sony A7 iv. But the noise reduction abilities of DXO Photolab (specifically its DeepPRIME process) and the fact that the new Fuji sensor will be stacked made me consider the upcoming Fuji as an alternative. The attractiveness of this alternative depends in part on whether the lenses I already have can make effective use of the extra megapixels.

-- hide signature --

john carson

John Carson's gear list:John Carson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow