Lens and Sensor Resolution

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP John Carson Veteran Member • Posts: 4,285
Re: Lens and Sensor Resolution

Rightsaidfred wrote:

Hi John

There are multiple recent threads on this topic. Just do a search with the keywords you used in your title and similar ones.

My opinion is that you will never lose with a sensor that offers a greater resolution. No lens will become worse. No image will become worse. Noone will 'need' new lenses.

The question is how much you gain on top of today's resolution with a specific lens, resolution wise. There are certainly differences.

File size will of course increase.

Regards,

Martin

Thanks for that. I did a search (important to do it on a computer rather than a phone or you can't do a forum-specific search).

I want more resolution, whether I "need" it or not. I can't find any ready answer on whether the 18-55mm or the 55-200mm is capable of delivering all or most of the benefits of the higher resolution sensor. Maybe someone with more technical knowledge that mine could calculate an answer, or maybe we'll just have to wait for the new camera to come out.

-- hide signature --

john carson

John Carson's gear list:John Carson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow