Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Tokitaro Forum Member • Posts: 84
Re: 100-200mm f5.6 vs 250mm f4 ? Loosing sleep

ikolbyi wrote:

bobby350z wrote:

ikolbyi wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

ikolbyi wrote:

So here I find myself asking if I should dump the 100-200mm f5.6 in favor of the less versatile 250mm f4 prime?

Z9?

I don't have an issue with autofocus speed or FPS because I understand how to photograph ice hockey. I just wished Fuji released a 100-200mm f4 with better build quality. A 200mm f4 would work for me as well. Just don't have the lens selection.

The 250mm from reviews is large, heavy and at the maximum zoom I would like for the rink, this limits where exactly I could photograph.

My 120mm is an excellent lens in comparison (image quality) aside from the moving 'clunk' in the lens when it has no power.

Personally you need a f2.8 lens for it.

This is medium format, f/2.8 does not exist. (divide by 1.25 for full-frame crop factor)

Of course f/2.8 exists.

If the lens selection isn't there aren't you still using the wrong system irrespective of whether you're happy with the AF performance? Surely you'd be having a much better time of it with an R5 or Z9 and a lens that's inherently suited to this application?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow