Is it only me who is exited about new 35-70?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Tokitaro Forum Member • Posts: 84
Re: Is it only me who is exited about new 35-70?

goodbokeh wrote:

Tokitaro wrote:

I really want to like this lens and it performs great stopped down, but I'm sure the retractable design is allowing dust/debris into the lens housing. I can live with a bit of dust but the larger sized stuff worries me as I'd like to use the camera in light rain, and now I'm reluctant.

Front focus issue wide open at the long end of the zoom still an issue, hoping for a firmware update.

Hi Tokitaro, a couple questions, I have the 35-70 on pre-order:

- Does your 70mm front focus happen at all distances.

- On the dust/debris. Has this happened since you acquired the lens and do you use a protection filter or run bare.

Thanks, Doug

Hi Doug

The issue gets less obvious as the point of focus moves further away, but I'm not sure how much of that relates to depth of field. It's very obvious close to minimal focusing distance at 63-70mm. I use AF + MF to adjust for the error.

Regarding the dust, I'm not totally sure. It's possible there was something inside the housing or between the elements and it's only recently dislodged. The one bit of debris that's bothering me almost looks like a slither of metal. I'll keep my eye on it and see if it gets any worse. It has no impact on the output that I can see but I rarely stop down past f11.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow