D7000 upgrade to D500 or Z7

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Snapquacky Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: The Z50

Yavor Nikolov wrote:

Snapquacky, I follow your thread from the beginning and I'm sure you'll make a mistake buying the Z50. A couple of years ago, I owned a Nikon D5300. I wanted to upgrade, decided not to make the step to FF because of the money, for the body and especially for the lenses following. I went with the D7500 despite my urge to try what is this to shoot with a full frame. I didn't calm down until 2 years later bought my Z6. A great camera for sure, but at this point I understood there are cases when you need a FF and cases when you'd better have a crop body. As with cars, you want to drive a premium one but once you have a new Mercedes for 80 thousand Euro you understand Toyota or Kia is not so bad and to some extent even better in some aspects.

I'm sure your Z50 will be my D7500, I'd say you'll save money and time if you go fullframe directly. Have in mind the Z50 is although mirrorless more consumer-basic than the 7 series Nikon.

Most likely will end up with Z6 or Z7 but the Z50 reach with DX attracts me, I know the Z7 will give me that in a round about way.

Snapquacky's gear list:Snapquacky's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow