D7000 upgrade to D500 or Z7

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Snapquacky Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: Comparing 2x TCs "Cropping" vs. *Filled Frame*

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

Snapquacky wrote:

Well I am struggling to decide so tonight added a Z50 bundled with the FTZ to basket, £750 in the UK which basically means I get the currently out of stock FTZ and a Z50 for equivalent £500,

The hold up seems to be kits with the FTZ II

The body only is readily available tax paid with a Nikon warranty for just under £650. A second hand FTZ is around £150.

Indeed, I assume the Z50 + FTZ kits are in stock at a few suppliers due to less demand, compared to Z6 and Z7 options. I figured getting the two for £750 was a reasonable deal, body size would be a bit small for large hands but to be expected.

Relatively cost effective way of obtaining the FTZ and a mirrorless replacement for my D7000, whilst adding a boost in ISO, DR, IQ and focusing accuracy on static and slow moving subjects.

Leonard, out of interest how do you find the DX cropping to work out on the Z7/D850, I see you are a previous DX body owner.

Snapquacky's gear list:Snapquacky's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow