D7000 upgrade to D500 or Z7

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Snapquacky Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: Comparing 2x TCs "Cropping" vs. *Filled Frame*

Well I am struggling to decide so tonight added a Z50 bundled with the FTZ to basket, £750 in the UK which basically means I get the currently out of stock FTZ and a Z50 for equivalent £500, I figure this will keep me amused in a 'mirrorless with D500 still quality' kind of way until the dust settles on my longer term body

Assume the FTZ's are available with these Z50's due to bundle, it solves at least one of my problems. Images I have seen from the Z50 with tele lenses and converters look impressive!

This gentleman knows how to handle one at least https://www.flickr.com/photos/sylvainmessier/

Further thought, I could even add a Z6 to the above and be covered for reach and low light, both on mirrorless, essentially a Z7 in DX crop mode and a Z6 for the same cost as a Z7...almost. This is sounding quite appealing in fact.

Let's see if I go through with the Z50 first

Snapquacky's gear list:Snapquacky's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow