A little selection of Fuji 35/1.4 shots

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Somnambulist Squirrel Regular Member • Posts: 195
Re: A little selection of Fuji 35/1.4 shots

I shot a few local events this week, two of them at night, with the 35mm f1.4, and the images have a really pleasant 3D look to them that I haven't gotten out of other lenses. As I was scrolling through the images, they almost felt like they were moving. I'm not sure why this is the case, but I'm also not sure I need to be able to explain it to like it. I found my old Minolta 45mm f2 to have a similarly inexplicably nice rendering (though different).

The other 50mm f1.8s I have shot with - manual ones like the Rokkor 1.7, Konica 1.7 and 1.4, and even my Nikkor 1.4 , or newer AF ones like the Sony FE 50 and Canon STM 50 - didn't have the same kind of compelling draw to them. I'm sure there are other great options in this focal length that I haven't used, but I really enjoy the look out of this lens - even if it isn't "magic",,,,

Somnambulist Squirrel's gear list:Somnambulist Squirrel's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 50-230mm II Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow