Waterfowl at 30m using FZ80 - Examples please

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP foreright Junior Member • Posts: 37
Re: Waterfowl at 30m using FZ80 - Examples please

Thank you Kkardster et al  for persevering with my problem. I will try anything that will improve the image fill frame rate even if I have to sacrifice IQ. TBH I never really felt that I'd ever get into photography in a real pro way but just wanted to catalogue my spots and maybe post for ID purposes.

If the % frame size is improved using 4K photo mode (I'm assuming they are always bursts?). I may even swap the camera for the FZ82 (if the experiment with the FZ330 is sucessful but still not enough) to get perhaps what I want at the distances I sometimes have to shoot from.

Birds in trees aren't the problem but visiting RSPB reserves and coastal areas one is always restricted to distance from the birds. I should therefor have to be realistic in what is achievable.

I don't think I really want to spend lots on Nikon superzooms and will with advice - like you've given - do what I can with the budget I had.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow