Waterfowl at 30m using FZ80 - Examples please

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
foreright Junior Member • Posts: 37
Waterfowl at 30m using FZ80 - Examples please

I'm in a dilemma. I bought an FZ330 and although a fine camera, it doesn't do want I want. I made the mistake of believing x25 zoom represented x25 magnification because of my experiences with binoculars.

It was my mistake but in UK there is next to no availability of popular cameras and I  bought online without ever seeing or touching one. The results alas a far too small an image when shooting birds from a distance of 25m+.

Therefor I shall have to find another camera and cannot warrant the price of Nikon P950/1000 - even if I could get hold of one. Although I was told, because of the slow focusing at extreme zoom on the Nikons, I'd struggle to shoot BIF.

I could swap for an FZ80/82 but need advice and examples first. Or I'll have made the same mistake again. Can some of you guys post examples of birds or small animals and mention distances so I can get an idea. I know there is a mammoth FZ80 thread on the forum, but I need to relate to distance. Many thanks.

Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow