Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Bruce Irschick
Bruce Irschick Junior Member • Posts: 29
Re: Nikon z50 and AF-S DX lenses

briantilley wrote:

Joop_S wrote:

Bruce Irschick wrote:

pbm2 wrote:

I currently have a Z5 and D7100. I have the FTZ adapter. And several AF-s DX lenses. My question is, will the DX lenses work with the FTZ on the Z50?

AF-D lenses with screw drive will not autofocus.

AF-D DX lens, can you tell if they exist? The only one I know is the AF 10.5 f/2.8 G, all other are AF-S and AF-P.

This is the problem we see when someone uses the term "AF-D" when they are really referring to a screw-drive AF lens

The AF 10.5mm f/2.8G fisheye is the only screw-drive DX Nikkor, so it will not autofocus on the FTZ - but it will operate normally otherwise.

Yeah. I should have just mentioned screw-drive autofocus lenses. In my case, I have the original Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 which is a screw-drive lens  So it doesn’t autofocus when using the FTZ adapter. But it has electronic contacts, so aperture control works as well as EXIF information is passed back to the camera.

Bruce Irschick's gear list:Bruce Irschick's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow