Nikon coolpix P1000 screen stopped working sort of

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hmtrip83 New Member • Posts: 8
Nikon coolpix P1000 screen stopped working sort of

Yesterday I was at the Biltmore House taking pictures. I like U mode and use it most. Always in all modes the camera would have the screen and the evf on at all times so I could go from one to the other as needed without having to change settings. We were through and I turned off the camera. I saw one more picture I wanted so I turned it back on a few minutes later and suddenly only the evf was working, nothing in the screen, it was like it was turned off. I pushed the screen button, still nothing. I didn't change any settings In between. I was worried it was just broken but in playing around with the menu I found the evf toggle option and turned it off and on and figured out that I can now use either the evf or the screen by using the button to switch from one to the other, but in no circumstance will they both be on for me at the same time anymore like before. What is wrong?

hmtrip83's gear list:hmtrip83's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900
Nikon Coolpix P1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow