Framing Prints

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Halina3000 Junior Member • Posts: 32
Framing Prints

I've had some of my photos printed by one of the online vendors recently with the intention of framing them and putting them on the wall.

I wasn't sure whether I would be happy with the results but I'm pleased to say that I like them - at least for more than half of them.

I'm struggling a bit with the next step.

Some of them were printed at 12 x 8 ins, some 9 x 6 and one 10 x 8.

Most of them have come back with thin white borders along two sides. This is my fault for misreading what was happening in a couple of different ways while getting the images ready but I'd prefer not to go back and get them printed again if possible.

Hopefully I'd like to find some simple matching frames (black, white or grey) that will fit the prints and have a plain (white?) border inside the frame.

All good in theory, but now I need to find (ready made) frames of a suitable size (actually multiple sizes in the same frame style) without breaking the bank. Online searches seem pretty useless at targeting the correct size. Who do other folks use (I am in the UK) ?

There is also the question of the border. I'm guessing that I will need to get some decent paper and cut my own given that the prints are not quite a standard size. I think that thick card borders with chamfered edges are not going to happen.

Finally... how is it all held together? particularly where the printed area extends right to the edge of the paper... or did I make another mistake with ordering the prints?

Pretty basic questions but I really thought it would be easier.

Oh, and I no longer use am*z*n due to past issues.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow