Thoughts on trading/selling 24-70 for primes?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,278
Thoughts on trading/selling 24-70 for primes?

So I had been thinking about this for a while... selling my Z 24-70 2.8 for a set of primes (the 24, 35, 50 and 85, of which I already have the 50 and 85).

So I don't generally use the 24-70 except for specific tasks (like portraiture and landscape) and in those cases, I'm usually not jumping around in terms of FLs. I don't really even use the 24-70 as a walkaround lens either (usually that is what I use the 24-200 for, for things like weekend trips or walks in the park).

Thoughts on this? I know part of it is personal preference.... If I did sell the 24-70 I figure I could get about $1800 for it (I would wait until after the current promo so it goes back up to $2299) and I only paid $1999 for the lens a year ago so I could easily get the 2 primes I would need to cover the focal range (24 and 35).

I should note that I do more landscape and nature (not wildlife) photography than I do portraits (it's maybe 1/2 landscape and nature, 1/4 portraiture/models, and the rest is misc shooting).  I should also note that I really don't find the 24 to 70mm (for portraits) all that useful unless I'm doing environmental portrait or something -- something I don't do much of -- so I'd say the 24-70 is primarily used for landscape and architecture....

-- hide signature --

(NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread.)

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow