Eagle Action - Close Ups

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mshetzer
mshetzer Contributing Member • Posts: 748
Eagle Action - Close Ups

Every year I enter notes in my calendar of goals for next year’s photo shoots. This year for my eagle photography, I wanted up close, in your face action detailing the aggression of these incredible raptors.

In November I hosted 3 weeks of photo workshops in Haines, Alaska for the Bald Eagles. I have been going to this location every year since 2009 and wanted to add a different look and feel to my eagle portfolio as I’ve photographed there so much over the years. I love the scenics with eagles but wanted to experiment with a different look and feel.

This year, I’ve been shooting Nikon SLRs and Sony mirrorless. It’s been a lot of fun going back and forth and figuring out the strengths and weaknesses of each. For this genre, I took the Sony A1 for its fast frame rate, and high mega-pixel sensor to enable me to crop in a bit and get the feel I was looking for.

Thanks for viewing, and CC always welcome.

Matt

-- hide signature --

Matt Shetzer
Shetzers Photography Workshops and Tours
Portfolio at:http://www.Shetzers.com
Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Instagram

mshetzer's gear list:mshetzer's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Sony a1 Sony FE 600mm F4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow