Anyone else's 23mm F2 really good at F2?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
tacogeoff
tacogeoff Regular Member • Posts: 336
Re: Anyone else's 23mm F2 really good at F2?

Sutto wrote:

My poor old 23 F2, has more lives than a cat. I took some gear into the shop today to trade in for a Nikon Z50 1.8. Somehow (once again), the 23 survived being moved on to a better home. I really struggle with this lens - I've had it for yeas but only ever used it a few times. It's quite sharp wide open, but just doesn't have the magic of my 16 1.4. I did a shoot last Friday in the city and wanted to save weight, so instead of taking my 16 on the X-T3, I took the 23mm instead (regretfully). I haven't used it for about 6 months, and as soon as I started looking at my images, I was blown away just how much better everything on the 16 1.4 is. I don't know why I kept it (maybe because it is a light kind of one lens outfit), but it is going back into the cupboard for retirement again. I would never use the 23 1.4 (no WR), but I am sure it would be a similar story when comparing that to the F2 version (much better like my 16mm).

Sutto

im actually in the process of returning the 23 f1.4 i got a few weeks ago after testing it against my 23 f2.  the differences in portraits for me were minimal and i found the 23 1.4 to have too much color fringing for my liking.  might give the new 23 1.4 a try though once it releases just for that extra low light capability.

tacogeoff's gear list:tacogeoff's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 50-230mm II +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow