Question about Resolution - Camera Data vs Photoshop Image Size

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nola71 New Member • Posts: 1
Question about Resolution - Camera Data vs Photoshop Image Size

Hello -

I am struggling to understand why two photos shot with the same camera, same settings, are coming out different sizes. Full disclosure I am using Darkroom Booth Software as this setup is for a photo booth. The only differences I noticed were when I compared camera data to image size in photoshop. Everything else in setup is identical from one event ot to the next. The output is the only thing that differs and I can't understand why but I have a client who is irate that the images from one day are smaller than images from the 2nd day.

I know that cameras do not have a setting for capturing ppi/dpi but in comparing information from two images, taken with the same camera, the same settings, these are the only discrepancies that I can see. Here's the breakdown:

Friday's Event
On Friday I shot an event - image quality was set to medium in camera. As you can see the xmp camera data resolution is the same as photoshop image size.

Saturday's Event
On Saturday I shot an event - image quality was set to medium in camera. As you can see the xmp camera data resolution differs from photoshop image size.

Any advice, troubleshooting tips, etc you can provide is much appreciated. I'm being accused of not providing the original files for Saturday's event, when in fact I am, it's just that the sizes are different.

I'd also like to understand what went wrong so that this does not happen again.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow