Re: Thom got a Z9 to test

Geomaticsman wrote:

ARClark wrote:

paul cool wrote:

ARClark wrote:

Vince P wrote:

isilwane wrote:

chambeshi wrote:

Although he himself described himself as a cumudgeon (!) he's proven to be honest and trustworthy for reliable reviews and his ebooks are a bargain. Actually, it is a good thing he steers clear youtube

+1

Perhaps Thom is the only one left who could do educational material on the Z9? I can't think of anyone else from a hard core wildlife viewpoint still with deep insight into Nikon mirrorless.

Steve Perry?

I don’t know if Steve has the technical background of Thom Hogan, but I prefer his video reviews and instructional guides.

mark smith has a z9 coming he already has had nikon send him the z9 cap ,but quotes he will not leave sony ,steve perry will get one for sure still nikon user with nikon glass but suspect he will still shoot sony also,

Just to elaborate, Mark ordered one for his own use and plans to shoot it along side his Sony and Canon gear. He said he was excited by the Z9 but enjoyed shooting all three brands, so he was not planning to go back to shooting Nikon exclusively.

Indeed, Mark and Steve seem to be doing what they think is best for their businesses and don't want to limit their customer base by being "brand ambassadors". On the other hand Brad Hill seems comfortable setting himself up as a (potential) Nikon ambassador. Just different business models I guess.

I've been saying for at least a couple of years that Hill is working hard on getting a Nikon Ambassadorship.

And it seems the other two are smart enough businessmen to follow the dollars, realizing that even thought they were shooting Nikon, Sony and Canon are the big  players.

No one actually needs three systems.  So I would take info from all / either of them with a couple of grains of salt.

When the Alpha 1 wandered into my mind, I realized you had one, and if I had pursued it, I would have shot you a PM with some questions.  I think that info would be more relevant for me.

-- hide signature --

A Canon G5 and a bit of Nikon gear.
---------------------------

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow