Stolen equipment - affected serial numbers

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vladiator Junior Member • Posts: 30
Stolen equipment - affected serial numbers

Hi all

I just returned from a 3 week holiday in Spain, and on the last evening in Barcelona had my camera bag stolen. The bag was on a chair next to me - two thieves worked in a team, with one of them distracting me and my wife, with another sneaking from behind and taking the bag. Took me 20 seconds to realise what happened after they were gone, and by that time there was no sight of them.

It is an expensive loss (one camera, 3 lenses, filters, batteries, etc), but the worst of all is that all my memory cards from the trip were in that bag, and I did not back them up. So, all the photos from the trip are lost.

I filed a police report but wanted to mention serial numbers in case anyone ever comes across them (could not find it for my third 70-200mm lens):

• Nikon Z7 - serial number 7802140
  • Nikon Z 24-70mm f4 S - serial number 20171616
  • Nikon Z 14-24mm f2.8 S - serial number 20003436

Would anyone know what is the commonly used online trading platform in Spain for secondhand goods?

I know that it is unlikely that anything can be done now, but thought that I would mention this just in case.

And be careful - I thought I could relax while eating, but these people can get you anywhere...

Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow