Prioritize viewfinder not working (clean sensor)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gianfranco75 Contributing Member • Posts: 656
Prioritize viewfinder not working (clean sensor)

Hi all

I have a strange situation. I can cycle through viewing modes by pressing the button on the left of the EVF on my Z7. However Pruoritize Viewfinder does not work properly: most of the times the LCD does not show anything in Picture mode, while in movie mode, it seems to activate only when I tilt the camera.

At the beginning I thought that a dirty proximity sensor was the culprit, so I removed the eyepiece and cleaned everything. No improvement. I can also see the EVF activating when I put a finder in front of the sensor, and de-activating when I remove it. Just the LCD does not switch on.

The LCD works perfectly when reviewing pictures in Prioritize Viewfinder, so it seems only live mode doesnt show up. All good also when selecting Monitor Only.

I seem to remember a post with a similar issue, but cant find it. Do you guys have an idea on how to solve this minor inconvenience? Many thanks!!

gianfranco75's gear list:gianfranco75's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +1 more
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow