First Review of the new TTArtisan 23mm F1.4 APS-C for X-Mount

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
marc petzold
marc petzold Senior Member • Posts: 1,671
First Review of the new TTArtisan 23mm F1.4 APS-C for X-Mount

Good Morning Forum,

here's the #1 written Review, of the new TTArtisan 23mm F1.4 Lens for Fujifilm.

I already had preordered my lens before that review. Would arrive possible between mid jan 2022 to somehere into feb 2022 here...

This time, not from Jonas Rask, but from a person named Alwin Kok, with many sample pictures. He was using it with the Fujifilm X-T3 body.

TTArtisan 23mm F1.4 APS-C Review

Key facts:

MFD: 0.2m

10 Aperture blades

useable F1.4 open aperture

metal build, metal bajonet, metal lens cap

good IQ

" For the first time ever, I am happy with the image quality produced with the shots taken at f1.4 wide open. The result is sharp and has good contrast. Of course, the image quality improved further from f2 onwards, especially on the corners."

Conclusion

"I have used this lens for about 2 weeks and what TTArtisan does impress me with is its image and build quality. Its usable f1.4 gives me a taste of what it is like to have it on 23mm. This lens is totally enjoyable and easy to use. And also, this lens makes me look forward to the autofocus lens."

This is exactly what i've waited for, since my X-E1 back into the day. A small, nice & affordable 23/1.4, which doesn't cost an arm & a leg. For 99 bucks, it seems a steal, and into the line with the already great (for it's asking price) TTA Lenses like the 35/1.4, 50/1.2 and 17/1.4 lenses. Finally, a manual focus 23mm (35mm FF-equal) which is fast enough with F1.4 now. I'd use it for street, and everything else, i'd shoot usually with my 35mm SLR prime lenses, 35mm is my fave focal length.

PS: I have the unoffical info since yesterday, that the square metal lens hood for this 23/1.4 TTA lens into the YouTube video had being designed - but it's not currently avialable for preorder, it must being mass produced first, which takes a few weeks.

Good Light.

-- hide signature --

"The Best Camera is the One That's with You" ~ Chase Jarvis

marc petzold's gear list:marc petzold's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-E1 Sony a7 +57 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow