FE SEL24-105 soft focus

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
jhunna Senior Member • Posts: 2,292
Re: FE SEL24-105 soft focus

JERumball wrote:

I just got a brand new 24-105 for my A7R3 but I find the images are not nearly as sharp as I expected.

I am shooting people, primarily with the camera on a tripod, with OSS disabled on the lens. I've used various modes and the results are the same. I usually shoot at f8, ISO100 and 1/200s or 1/250s using the Godox AD200s to light my subjects.

This is really my first full frame lens for the A7R3. Prior to this I have used a Zeiss 16-70 f/4 lens exclusively and have not run into this problem.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

John

I think this lens is more a creature of its statistics 24-105/4 OSS what is not to like?  The rendering and the sharpness.  This lens does nothing for me, so much so that I have replaced it with the 16-55/2.8 which is sharp and has a beauiful rendering.  I do miss the OSS BUT once you see the output it is worth it.
Following this thread with interest as the specs make this the perfect do everything lens IF it is sharp.

jhunna's gear list:jhunna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow