Good fitting Dolly

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Colin Creevey Contributing Member • Posts: 602
Good fitting Dolly

Hi all,

I currently have a Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 tripod and am looking for a better suited dolly for it.  I already have a dolly for it (Nest NT-01 ) but the angle of the dolly's legs vs tripod legs are not the same.  This results in me having to raise and lower specific legs in order to fit it into the dolly.  It's a very annoying process especially when trying to make sure the tripod is level.  
My question is, can anyone recommend a dolly that actually fits the angle of tripod legs(which I assume is standard) without having to adjust specific leg lengths?  Perhaps all dollys are like this?
I know Manfrotto make a couple of dollys but when reading the reviews a few people pointed out that they are not travel friendly and that the breaking mechanism is very close to the ground causing difficulty when used in certain environments.  This was echoed by a Youtube review or two.
PS. My use case is to mount my camera and move it around when I take it to photo studios.
thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow