IBIS vs OIS

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael Firstlight Veteran Member • Posts: 4,423
IBIS vs OIS

Probably asked before, but with the Nikon Z mirrorless bodies that support IBIS is there any benefit in using either pre-Z VR lenses or new VR Z lenses along with in-camera IBIS? I ask b/c I'm expecting to move from a D850 to my first Nikon mirrorless (a Z9) and I already have a 70-200 2.8 with VR that I can use with the FTZ adapter, or can upgrade to a newer Z 70-200 2.8 VR? If a VR lens combined with IBIS doesn't result in better overall VR, then why did Nikon add any VR capability to lenses like the Z 70-200, and if having VR in a Z lens does improve it, why doesn't the 20-70 2.8 Z lense have VR?

Regards,
Mike

The one thing everyone can agree on is that film photography has its negatives. It even has its positives and internegatives.

Michael Firstlight's gear list:Michael Firstlight's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon Z9 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +30 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow