A7C and 50GM as an everyday carry?

Started Nov 24, 2021 | Discussions thread
OP jhunna Senior Member • Posts: 2,483
Re: A7C and 50GM as an everyday carry?

LenRivers wrote:

My solution is a bit different

While I shoot the A9ii and my primes are the 35 gm, 90 macro and 20 mm 1.8 sony with some other zooms. My street everyday carry for not that much more of the 50 mm GM and A7c is a Leica Q2. I mean in my mind if I am ready to spend $4000 ish can I save another $1500 ball park to get a larger sensor (megapixel) Even with the 50 mm crop on the Q2 is 15 MP, all you really need for a photo quality 8x10 is like 3 MP.

Yeah its a 10 MP difference or so but just an idea.

Oh and if you shoot 35 mm it is 30 mp so you have that crop option that may look great.

Just my thing is all...

That is the thing with FF the camera can be small but no way getting around the physics of the lens short of a smaller sensor

My situation requires just one body, and several lenses so that I can be the most efficient at shooting.  I have considered the Leica Q/Q2/X100V but none of them give me the output of the 50GM.  If I want a smaller config, I would just swap out the lens for an M mount 35 or 50.
The 50 GM won't stay my everyday carry as it is a bit heavy, and hard to keep it from hitting things, but I need to shoot it a lot for the first month to make sure I am good with shooting with it.

jhunna's gear list:jhunna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow