Best B Roll Camera Under $1k to Compiment Sony A7III?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Nakaya Regular Member • Posts: 180
Re: Best B Roll Camera Under $1k to Compiment Sony A7III?

Off The Mark wrote:

Nakaya wrote:

I am looking for an additional camera to shoot B Roll for my youtube channel and my business. I currently have a Sony A7III. I don't have much experience filming anything other than stationary on a tripod.

What camera would you recommend under $1k (or should I spend more)? I do have 4 lenses for the A7III but I was considering something smaller like a Sony ZV-1. It seems to have lot of video related features that I could play with.

Will your B Roll camera be stationary on a tripod just from a slightly different angle from your A Camera?

Because the a7 III you already have is a pretty good camera for shooting B Roll.

On the other hand, if you need a SECOND camera to film from a different angle of someone talking, then that is a B camera, not B roll.

How long does it need to record for? (Would a camera with a 30-minute time limit be ok? Or do you often record for more than 30 minutes?)

What sony lenses do you have?

I don't know much about the ZV-1. It might be great.

But if you just want to shoot B Roll, then you can get a lot of mileage out of your a7 III.

I want it to be a second camera to shoot another angle , a B camera, but also use it to shoot B roll. I like the idea of a smaller camera because I can use a less serious gimbal.

For lenses I have the Sony 50mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 70mm 2.8 Art Macro, the new Tamron 28-75 2.8 G2, and the kit 28-70 Sony (this one I am going to sell most likely unless I get a body that makes sense to use it on).

I could consider something like a A6400 body.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow