Thom got a Z9 to test

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
chambeshi Veteran Member • Posts: 3,253
2 missing Features in the Z9

Scrolling BOTH Shooting Banks: Custom Setting Option

1. I agree 100% with Brad Hill that Nikon's Shooting Banks are an excellent feature, although one has to invest the time to optimize and learn them. However, Nikon still forbids scrolling Custom Banks by assigning Red-Record to scroll both sets of Shooting Banks.

As with the D850 and D5 for example, it is possible to use this custom setting to scroll Photo Banks apparently. Assigning i-Menu setting does allow scrolling between banks with without leaving the EVF, but this the clumsier solution compared to being able switch between both sets of Banks with thumb+ 1st/2nd fingers of the right hand only. Brad and I agree in emails, it is bizarre Nikon have dropped the ball yet again.... Simple to Fix in Firmware

Pre-Record

2. Nikon has no excuse for leaving Pre-Record out of the Z9 Functions - the electronic shutter should make it a doddle to implement, surely.

For some of us shooting wildlife, we know has NO Pre-Record function. This is a powerful feature available already some years ago in RED cameras and very useful for street photography using 8K for stills.

Pre-Record is a very useful feature in Olympus MILCs - at much more affordable RRPs:

https://rps.org/media/nz3jzunu/ng-enews-11.pdf

If Olympus did this years back, what's wrong with Nikon?

chambeshi's gear list:chambeshi's gear list
Nikon D5 Nikon D850 Nikon Z fc Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow