Lumix S5 users: is tracking AF really bad?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Derma pro Regular Member • Posts: 396
Lumix S5 users: is tracking AF really bad?

I had a hand on S5 in a shop few months ago during a short trip. It was very comfortable in hand and has many good features on paper. However, many comment on a below average tracking AF.

The camera is not present in my area and if I want it I must order it online. I used Lumix P&S LX7   for many years  and it was excellent for what it is. I also liked the menus and botton layout of the Lumix.

I like to photograph moving objects like my children and some BIF but also portraits, family and travel. I also want to get into video.

As nothing compares to actual use, I would like to know the experience of S5 users about the AF in general and tracking in particular.

My other choices are the normal competitors: sony A7iv, canon R6 and nikon z6ii. They are more expensive but available in my area

Thanks

Derma pro's gear list:Derma pro's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D5300 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
Canon EOS R6 Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow