New Owner of an XT-4 Soon

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scott Pickering
Scott Pickering Regular Member • Posts: 424
New Owner of an XT-4 Soon

Ever since I was looking at pictures from the GFX 100 and 100S, I was in love with the Fuji colors on their files. And the sharpness of their lenses. I almost had a 100S paid off, till I had to get refunded for it (because I thought I was moving soon). So I never did get a 100S home. Then for a while this year I was using a Nikon D3200, which was the third copy of this camera I have owned. But looking at the files now, I was just not happy with its washed out colors and bland look. I know you can fix that in Photoshop, but getting the quality out of camera directly, appeals to me more.

So I was on a budget and decided, maybe I'll go for a X mount Fuji for now. So I initially looked at the XT-30II, then the XT-3, then the XS-10, and was peaked by the coming X-H2. I really want the XH2, but that camera will be around $3000 or more when its finally released. I need to stay on a lower budget, so I can't spend that kind of money right now. I was debating to say screw it and get the GFX 50R which is on sale right now, for $1900 off. But again I can't spend that much, as Im going to see if I can move in the next 6 months. So I decided to lower my expectations a little, and just be happy with an APS-C sensor. The XT-4 is on sale for $400 off right now, and my store has 2 in stock of silver. So I decided that is what Im going to get. I can always resell it for what I bought it for, should the XH2 be a possibility at some point. I'd really like to get into 8K video.

I still plan on getting the GFX 100S at some point, when things improve, or maybe its replacement which may happen by then. But for now, I'll be happy with the XT-4. Im getting the XT-4 because I need it for 4K videos, as I have a Youtube channel I post to once in a while. The GFX 50R can only do 1080P, which was one thing that kept me from jumping on it before.

I plan on picking up the XT-4 late this week or weekend. I have a XF 18-55 lens on hold, as it was a used copy and I put some money down on it previously. Is this a decent lens for this camera? I also have an adapter to mount Canon FD lenses. I might get a Leica M adapter for the Fuji as well. I dont know how well Leica M lenses work on these Fujis.

Scott Pickering's gear list:Scott Pickering's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow