Great idea, or not ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Veteran Member • Posts: 5,525
Great idea, or not ?

So my new R5 comes with the fully articulating screen. Hmmm. Okay. I might use that 7 X's if I'm shooting with it for 7 years.

But wait, it might be a good idea to rotate the screen inward to protect it, certainly at the end of every trip..... But maybe even between hiking stops as well. So now, instead of rotating it 7 X's in 7 years, I might rotate it 1000 X's in 7 years > in spite of the fact I will almost never "shoot" with it rotated.

So then this idea hit me. If I'm pretty much only using the rotation feature to protect the screen, why not just get a tempored glass screen protector and leave it facing outward ?

And btw, how durable are these rotating screen mechanisms anyway ? Could I twist it and tweak it several X's per trip for several years with very little chance for failure ?

That would be great, but it just seems like kind of a waste if I were only doing that to prevent scratches and such...

Your thoughts ?

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
Website
www.LightInEveryCorner.com
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS R5 Samsung SL820 (IT100)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow