R6 sensor readout speeds, info on how it compares to others?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
KAAMBIC
KAAMBIC Contributing Member • Posts: 950
R6 sensor readout speeds, info on how it compares to others?

I'll preface this by saying i don't shoot much action but i prefer to use silent E shutter every shot if i can. I have owned very slow readout cams like the M50 that are barely usable without distortion, and very fast ones like my EM1-II and Fuji XT3. The Z9 has me drooling.

If i remember DPR mentions the R6 scans at 1/50 but i don't recall other cameras' speeds to compare, just wondering if anybody has specs handy to give some context, or user feedback on how it handles fairly still subjects. I currently shoot two Fuji bodies and am selling my EM1-II, if i were going to replace my Fuji kit (i shoot mainly portraits), Canon is one of the few that have colors i trust.

Unless something crazy changes my mind, i think i'll be ordering an R6 tonight or tomorrow. It has everything i "need" and improves over my Fuji kit with really good IBIS (my XT3 doesn't have it and the XS10 IBIS is poor), and far better eye AF which is a big point for me. Two card slots, check. Grip available, check.

I also already have an EF 50 STM, 85 f/1.8 and the legendary 135 f/2L which makes jumping into R mount easy. Just looking for the info on the sensor speeds while i am finalizing my decision (taking my time as it's a lot of cash).

-- hide signature --

"Open, your blessed wings...
And wrap them, around all your things...
Keep yourself, in the company of kings...
Cause it's their hands, that bleed from the strings..." -

KAAMBIC's gear list:KAAMBIC's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-S10 +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS R6 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow